I’ve learned a lot over the years touring the world, meeting new people, exploring different cities and cultures, sleeping on couches, and yes living in a van…
Through these experiences on the open road I’ve learned a lot about life. The Afro Manifesto is a list of 21 of some of the most important life lessons that I’ve picked up along my many journeys.
The Afro Manifesto is a 2 color, 24″ x 36″ screen print on Mr. French paper that comes in two colors; burgundy and teal.
Pre-orders are now available on our online store. The first 100 orders will be signed by the band. Pick up yours and start living a happier, healthier, afro manifested existence!
The Afro Manifesto – 21 things I learned about Life from living in a van.
By Andy Frasco
1.Take Risks. If we only live once, then why not?
2. Fall Hard. So we can learn how to pick ourselves up every time we do.
3. Don’t shoot for the stars. Small victories keep the dream alive.
4. Roll with the punches. Some days there will be traffic jams.
5. Take everything in moderation. Don’t die trying to be the last person “standing” at the party every time.
6. Be broke but enjoy it. Happiness is worth the flat tire.. Because once you have it, everyone will probably want to take it from you.
7. Home is where you make it. Remember there’s always someone looking for company to have dinner with.
8. Fast Food. Don’t do it unless it’s a 4am emergency.
9. Get off your phone and see the view. It’s beautiful outside.
10. Drink Water. That sh*t keeps you alive.
11. Take Detours. Don’t let the paths of others scare you to take the road less traveled.
12. Open Your Eyes. You never know what life changing experience you might have at a gas station.
13. If you want something, go out and get it. How do we know what we want if we don’t know what we don’t want?
14. Don’t sleep on dirty pillows. You’ll get pink eye.
15. Disappointment will make you stronger. Giving up will always be the last nail.
16. Sleep. It’s ok to miss one or two after parties.
17. Hug a stranger. 9 times out of 10 they’ll probably be in need of one. (even Alpha-males)
18. Stay Clean. Nobody likes the smell of 4 day old underwear.
19. Wipe away your tears. Feel what life wants you to feel, but know, there will be another day to get it right.
20. Love Something. What’s the point of collecting all these awesome stories if you don’t have anyone to tell them to?
21. Smile. Because even through all of the up and downs and windy roads, life is still better than the alternate. So let’s appreciate what’s left of it